Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary | 5 Years

Saturday my friend, Amanda (of Crosslight Photography), came over to photograph Dylan and I for our 5 year anniversary. We have NEVER had our photos done professionally. Well we tried at one point but the photographer was a no show and wouldn't answer our phone calls lol! We had so much fun shooting! Dylan was his happiest when it was over...typical man ;).
These pictures really meant a lot to me and Amanda did such an amazing job photographing who we really are!

Let me give you a little back story:

Nearly 10 years ago my oldest brother decided that paintballing might be a sport that he'd be interested in, regardless of the obvious fact that a little hard ball of paint traveling at approximately 300 FPS (Feet Per Second) is probably going to hurt like the dickens, he did it anyway. Boy am I glad he decided to be a little idiotic because that's where he met my future husband! Cory (my brother) started paintballing with Dylan (my hubby) regularly for a few years. I had known Dylan for quite sometime but after all he was my brothers best friend so he was off limits right? ;) I can remember when I first met Dylan's mother (long before Dylan and I ever thought about dating) and she would tell me that I needed to date her son! That we would just be PERFECT for each other....At the time I had a boyfriend so of course I was like NO WAY! haha.


My junior year of highschool came and I was really having a rough patch in my life. Home, boyfriend, friends...you name it. Everything just seemed to be going south for me. I started to notice Dylan a little bit more (I imagine he was noticing me too! hehe).....I don't know how or when it started but I think we were chatting online (do people still do this?) and he was going to my brother's college apartment to watch a movie and he invited me along. I decided to go with him and after that we were really inseperable. I found that Dylan was there more for me through everything than anyone else ever had. He understood what I was going through..... It was a really nice feeling. No one had ever treated me the way he did.


February 18th, 2005 we made it official. We were together - as boyfriend and girlfriend. We made it even more permanent by getting engaged February 18th of 2006 and getting married on May 18th 2006 (the day before my high school graduation). We didn't have a huge wedding or even a wedding at all. We decided in the situation that we and our families were in that it would just be best to go to the courthouse.


Yes we have had our ups and downs and loop-de-loops like all couples do but we made it through stronger than ever. I really don't know what I would do without my country boy. He's everything to me.... I know it's corny but it is what it is. He's my husband and my best friend. From the get go he put up with my mood swings and my inability to make decisions ;). He's done everything in his power to make sure we live a good life. We always said we'd wait 5 years after we got married to start a family.....maybe it's time to jump on the baby band wagon!


(All photos were taken by Amanda of Crosslight Photography and edited by me :) )










Amanda I can't thank you enough for these beautiful photos! They mean so much to me!

- Jessica =D



6 comments:

  1. UMMMM OKAY TEARS!!!!! I'm so glad I read this after everyone went to bed cause I'm a crying!!!! Y'all are so precious together and remind me so much of me and Chantry!!! Corny you say? I LOVE CORNY!!!! We make such a great team!!! PS: I am loving Jake's tongue hanging out! LOL Poor guy needed his duck!!!! 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how much you have been looking forward to these pics (and stressing about them!) and honestly, you took my breath away. You look incredible. Congrats on five years girl!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look so happy! Love the b&w one of you guys laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you guys are so cute! I love that second shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them Jessica!! The 1st and the 6th are my favorites!! From: Carie Woody :)

    ReplyDelete